UX Product Designer
Folio Investing is looking for an exceptional designer to participate in the creation of new web-based products for financial advisors and investors, and to modernize the user experience of existing products. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration with a matrixed team. This individual must excel at applying both analytical and creative ideas to create engaging user experiences across a range of user personas. A deep understanding of contemporary user-centered design is required. This individual will participate in the creative process from ideation, research and wire-framing through visual execution, marketing, and development support.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, product managers and engineers on all parts of the product development lifecycle.
- Design simple flows and elegant experiences, across both mobile and web-based platforms.
- Create engaging data visualizations to make personal finance approachable, intuitive, and engaging.
- Craft the user experience for complete products and individual features.
- Create user flows, interaction models, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to communicate the design.
- Plan and lead usability testing to measure how well product designs meet business and user experience objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users (investors, financial advisors and advised clients), their needs, problems, and the way they engage with our products.
- Create IA & UX documentation, user flows, and visual designs.
- Research technology and interaction design trends; make recommendations that balance business needs, customer requirements, and technology to design the user-facing aspects of features and/or enhancements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with product development teams on user experience and interactive design for both web and mobile solutions.
- Ability to create wireframes and visual design comps, and to present design approaches to a non-design audience (including business, product, and technology teams).
- A excellent portfolio of work that demonstrates advanced skills in web and mobile user experience design, showcasing beautiful, engaging, informative, and easy-to-use products.
- The ability to work in an agile, creative, quick-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to conceptualize simple and elegant solutions to complex user problems and business opportunities.
- Passion for staying on top of UX / UI trends and tools.
- Past experience working in a start-up environment is strongly desired.
- Proven experience and success in designing the user experience in financial services/brokerage is desired.
- Degree in Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Portfolio to accompany resume.
To contact us regarding job opportunities, please email your MS Word résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospective employees must be eligible to work in the United States and a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment. Employees will generally work from our headquarters location in McLean, Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. Relocation assistance may be available for certain positions.
We offer a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are at the top of their fields and who are committed to creating the next generation of financial service offerings. We offer a highly competitive compensation package combining base salary and stock options based on the position and the applicant’s job qualifications. Additional benefits include: health insurance (medical, dental, vision), flexible spending accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, and a self-directed 401(k).
We do not accept résumés from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies. Please do not forward such résumés to our jobs email address, current employees, or to any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés.