Senior Network Engineer
Folio has a highly available, Cisco based network which supports a complex proprietary stock trading system. Our Senior Network Engineer role encompasses responsibilities from strategic to tactical in nature, and is involved with all network related components in our environment. This individual is responsible for designing and planning as well as implementation and ongoing operational support of the environment. A critical area of responsibility will be our Cisco VoIP/UC infrastructure. However, we are looking for a “Network Expert” with VoIP skills not a “Phone Expert” with network skills.
- Design, planning, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of data and voice networks.
- Assist in all facets (from design through support) of other network related components (see Technologies below).
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a similar Network Engineering role.
- Strong data networking background.
- Proficiency and knowledge of routing and switching.
- Ability to architect and maintain highly available networks.
- Experience with protocols such as BGP, EIGRP and IPSEC.
- Extensive experience with voice networking and systems.
- Microsoft server-side software technologies (SQL Server and IIS is a plus).
- UNIX and/or Linux experience is desirable.
- Cisco 6500 series switches and 7200 series routers.
- Cisco Unified Communications.
- Load balancing technologies.
- Firewall technologies.
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention technologies.
- Content Proxy technologies.
- VPN (ASA concentrators) and Wireless LAN technologies.
- Data center management including security systems, power and cooling.
To contact us regarding job opportunities, please email your MS Word résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospective employees must be eligible to work in the United States and a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment. Employees will generally work from our headquarters location in McLean, Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. Relocation assistance may be available for certain positions.
We offer a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are at the top of their fields and who are committed to creating the next generation of financial service offerings. We offer a highly competitive compensation package combining base salary and stock options based on the position and the applicant’s job qualifications. Additional benefits include: health insurance (medical, dental, vision), flexible spending accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, and a self-directed 401(k).
We do not accept résumés from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies. Please do not forward such résumés to our jobs email address, current employees, or to any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés.