Senior Tax Analyst
Folio Investing is seeking an experienced, dynamic Senior Tax Analyst to join our growing Client Services team.
- Ensure Folio is in compliance with IRS regulatory standards in support of its client tax reporting obligations
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all 1099 tax forms, cost basis accounting (CBA) entries, 1042-S & 5498 tax forms to Folio’s Retail and Registered Investment Advisor client segments
- Oversee delivery of tax data to vendors and the quality of tax forms delivered to clients
- Help to establish policies and procedures for timely and accurate client tax reporting
- Assist clients with problem resolution in tax reporting areas
- Create seasonal tax reporting plan to ensure Folio provides a value added tax reporting service experience
- Effectively manage all tax reporting vendor relationships
- Implement a Quality Control and Quality Assurance program
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/business/accounting - experience in lieu of degree considered
- Thorough understanding of Retail and Registered Investment Advisor client tax reporting requirements
- Knowledge of cost basis accounting for tax reporting purposes
- Broker dealer and investment & retirement account reporting experience
- Experience in managing outside vendors
- FINRA Series 7, 63 and/or 99 (may be willing to sponsor)
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, interpersonal, communication, writing composition, and organizational skills
- Must be technically savvy with the ability to support our clients as they utilize our web-based services
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and JIRA
To contact us regarding job opportunities, please email your MS Word résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospective employees must be eligible to work in the United States and a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment. Employees will generally work from our headquarters location in McLean, Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. Relocation assistance may be available for certain positions.
We offer a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are at the top of their fields and who are committed to creating the next generation of financial service offerings. We offer a highly competitive compensation package combining base salary and stock options based on the position and the applicant’s job qualifications. Additional benefits include: health insurance (medical, dental, vision), flexible spending accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, and a self-directed 401(k).
We do not accept résumés from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies. Please do not forward such résumés to our jobs email address, current employees, or to any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés.