Chief Product Officer
Our Chief Product Officer will be responsible for delivering creative, compliant solutions for our customers, both external and internal. This is a hands-on position as well as a senior leadership and management position. The CPO needs to understand customer needs and how to translate those needs into products and solutions while embodying legal and compliance requirements.
The CPO also needs to understand good design with the ability to translate multiple layers of process into simple flows that delight customers. The CPO will be charged with managing and implementing the next generation of, among other things, retail investing and institutional advisor solutions, as well as back office and brokerage operations clearing solutions.
In this leadership role requiring a customer centric view of products and solutions, both new and current, the CPO will be challenged to think about what products we have, what we can redesign and what we can integrate. The CPO will work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where expanding skills, testing creative boundaries and sharing ideas are expected. The CPO is responsible for managing a group of people with SME and BA experience and will need to be able to delve into their thinking, while being comfortable questioning and improving requirements and conclusions as appropriate. Taking ownership for what’s produced by the group is an imperative; so, having a detail oriented perspective on requirements and a deep intellectual curiosity as to how things work and why, along with an ability to simplify, streamline and make more efficient, is critical.
- Lead the ideation, definition, design and launch of innovative next generation products for investors to be delivered through affiliated and unaffiliated advisors, brokers and other financial services firms. Be able to do the same - or manage the same -- for back office brokerage and clearing functions.
- Specify requirements for current and future offerings, enhancements and products.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and project management and software development to improve customer experiences and drive successful execution.
- Identify product requirements (including build, buy and partner decisions) and develop products that offer an outstanding customer experience leveraging a deep understanding of product positioning, defining key benefits, and understanding target customers and user personas.
- Manage, and work with project managers in managing, the entire product life cycle, from planning through development and launch.
- Manage the development of business requirements and user stories to create product specifications, including the trade-offs among features, user experience and performance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have previous investing, advisor or broker-dealer product experience as well as exposure to clearing and custody.
- 15+ years of work experience in related positions with increasing responsibility with at least 8+ years as a leader in the product manager area on successful projects that involved new product design and implementation.
- Knowledge of brokerage front and back office solutions and experience in online/mobile investing/banking and/or advisor desktop solutions required.
- Must have experience in the design and development of customer-facing products that leverage technology to improve customer experience. Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- High level of current expertise in user-centered design and usability principles. Prefer candidates with a proven ability to work closely with customers.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, and work with all levels within the organization. Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams that do not directly report to you.
- Strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication, planning, organizational and presentation skills.
- BA/BS required and an MBA is preferred.
To contact us regarding job opportunities, please email your MS Word résumé to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prospective employees must be eligible to work in the United States and a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment. Employees will generally work from our headquarters location in McLean, Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. Relocation assistance may be available for certain positions.
We offer a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are at the top of their fields and who are committed to creating the next generation of financial service offerings. We offer a highly competitive compensation package combining base salary and stock options based on the position and the applicant’s job qualifications. Additional benefits include: health insurance (medical, dental, vision), flexible spending accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, and a self-directed 401(k).
We do not accept résumés from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies. Please do not forward such résumés to our jobs email address, current employees, or to any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés.